Tuesday 10 August 2010

New spoon knife

To be honest I've had it a while now but i haven't been able to post for a bit so i will write it as if i have just got it .. lol. Its really cool i got it off ray mear's is website, www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/580-Spoon-Knife-Big-Right-handed I wanted this particular one because i thought ,still do think its the best u can get, unless u have a friend that can forge one for you, but don't think of me as a snob just i think with tools, you get what you pay for . I want a tool for life if possible. Its amazing quality, razor sharp comes with a poly blade sheath and the blacksmiths initials on the handle.
  I've made my first bowl with it its hard going if u want it deep, I'm learning very quickly that you do not want to rely on it for the roughing out, may sound stupid but i was naive to think you could make it do the work and it would take it just fine but sadly it seems to blunt quickly.
  Its expensive but very nice to use but i must learn how to sharpen it lol. i finished the outside of the bowl using a belt sander, i no its cheating, i did the bulk work with a chisel and my knife, axe was to clumsy for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment