Sunday 29 August 2010

Working progress of new whittling character

Ive only just started to whittle the human form as before I was apprehensive of human faces as I thought they were hard to do but as i have discovered by doing this helpful tutorial of a 5 minite wizard there are ways round it. This really built my confidence. This is the link and i have already posted the photo's of the one i carved. www.youtube.com/user/whittler0507#p/search/4/l9sObqxmYJY. I was using another video of his and was trying to carve a Santa but it didn't turn out right so i changed it into a old Sergeant major, as i said before it is a working progress but for a failure i am quiet happy with it. The link to the video i was using is here www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNz-lKtoX2U, Im sorry all i can find is the second part and the conclusion, but it starts off pretty much the same as the wizard.
                                                                   This is my Sergeant.

No comments:

Post a Comment